Support Diabetic Feet with Care and Community
There are many things in life that are just not meant to go through alone. Haunted houses are much easier (and more fun) with a group of friends, a cooking class is a blast when you are creating next to others, and healing through a difficult time is much sweeter with encouraging and supportive friends by your side. Having diabetes can be a scary, and even daunting, disease to live with, especially at the start when you dont know what to do or what to expect. This is why joining a support group can not only boost your spirits but also give you a place to learn the best ways to keep you and your feet safe and healthy.
The expert doctors and staff at Houston Foot Specialists help diabetics stay on top of their foot health on a regular basis. If you have this condition, we encourage you to visit Dr. Jeffrey N. Bowman on a regular basis so we can catch any potential problems and treat injuries in your feet. In addition to visits at our Houston, TX, office, there are several other groups in the Houston area that will provide you with the extra support you may need:
- Harris County Hospital District Diabetes Support Group at the Quentin Meese Hospital. They meet the second Tuesday of every month.
- Lyndon B Johnson Hospital. They meet every Tuesday and Spanish is also spoken here.
- Memorial Hermann Memorial City Hospital. They meet the second Thursday in January, March, April, June, July, September, October, December and is right across the street from our office.
- St. Luke’s Diabetes Support Group. They meet the first Wednesday of every month.
- Bayshore Medical Center. They meet the second Wednesday of every month.
- West Houston Medical Center. They meet the second Thursday of each month.
We encourage you to find a group near you, whether youre new to having this condition or have lived with it for years. There is much advice, encouragement, and support you can give to someone who has just found out their life has been changed by this disease. If you have any concerns about your foot health or require treatment, contact Houston Foot Specialists at (713) 467-8886 to make an appointmentwith Dr. Jeffrey N. Bowman.
Photo credit: David Castillo Dominici via freedigitalphotos.net
Tags: Diabetes, Diabetic Foot Care