How To Prepare For Your Podiatry Appointment
Is this the first time you have seen a podiatrist? Well no need to worry, here is a handy guide to help you prepare for your appointment and make the most of your time.
Before You See The Doctor:
- Bring a history from your PCP.
- Bring Insurance card and ID.
- Know what your co-pay will be.
- Make a list of your symptoms and questions.
- Make a list of all medications you are taking.
- Have a list of any drug allergies and previous surgeries.
- Bring any medical records you may have from other doctors including lab reports, X-rays and MRI.
- Check if you need a referral with your insurance company.
- Call our office if you have any special needs.
- Bring any shoes you have had any difficulty with.
During Your Visit:
- Go over your list of questions with the doctor.
- Take notes if you need to.
- Be honest and open to the doctors questions.
- Discuss symptoms and any recent changes.
- Talk about the medications you are taking and what they are for.
- Tell if you are pregnant or trying to get pregnant.
- Let the doctor know if you have been treated for this problem before and by whom.
After Your Appointment:
- Prepare for any tests the doctor orders.
- Ask how and when test results will be made available to you.
- Schedule your next appointment before you leave.
- Call us with any problems.
Dr. Bowman has all his forms available on his website at www.houstonfootspecialists.com and online appointments are available as well. Contact on our website or you can call us at 713-467-8886.
2013 Jeff Bowman., All Rights Reserved
Tags: Ankle Surgery, Foot Surgery, Podiatrist, Pregnancy, shoes