Feet And Charcoal? Not Just for Grill Masters
There are various assortments of braces and supportive devices for the shoulders, elbows, wrists, knees, and ankles. All are touted to be the best AND all have a unique design to help accomplish their intended purposes. There are braces/supportive devices for various conditions as well as for a more generalized purpose. A recent device that caught my eye and attention is the Bamboo Charcoal Ankle Support. Please take a moment to reread the previous sentence and know that you are not seeing things OR going crazy. If you read the words Bamboo AND Charcoal, mixed with an ankle supportive device then you might have the similar question I did. Namely, how does it work?
The Science behind the Device
- It all begins with the emission of Far Infrared rays AND negative ions. I wont go into great depth on either of these, but I will at least lay a foundation for you to build upon if your desire to know more is unquenchable.
- Far Infrared Rays:
- What is it? It is an invisible light wave that is not only emitted by the sun, but is also produced as an energy source by your body. In fact, up to 50% of the energy generated by the body is in this form. Please do not confuse this type of sun ray with the very dangerous UV light. This ray does not reportedly cause skin damage.
- How can it help? These rays charge the body with pure energy in the form of photons, which are used as fuel for the body to heal/repair itself. These rays are able to penetrate deeply into the body for therapeutic results. These rays warm our body, not the surrounding air, which is why we feel warm on a cloudy day when the sun peeks out but cold once again when it is covered.
- Pain relief/healing is promoted AND increased as the body is warmed and pathways of healing are stimulated.
- The infrared heat penetrates joints, muscles, and other tissues increasing micro circulation and oxygen flow. Muscle spasm reduction also noted.
- Negative Ions:
- What are they? An atom OR molecule that has either gained or lost a negatively charged electron. They are naturally generated by evaporating water, ocean surf, waterfalls, and types of naturally occurring minerals.
- What are their health benefits? Without going into too much detail, they:
- Increase blood flow which in turn increases oxygen delivery and capacity.
- Alter calcium migration depending on the need.
- Alter the pH of the body depending on its need.
- Increase or Decrease hormone production
Supposedly, heat generation can be felt within a few minutes of wearing this ankle support. As with any type of device, I strongly urge a period of diligent research before trying said device.
If you OR a family/friend have any foot or ankle related concerns, please contact Dr. Bowman at 713-467-8886 or visit www.houstonfootspecialists.com.
Tags: Bamboo, Charcoal, Device, Foot Care, Materials